Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

4mm spacers and longer wheels bolts

Anywhere really just make sure they're Hubcentric...

Bolts depends on how much you have sticking out the wheel at the moment... apprently you need the same depth as they are "wide" but I'd err on caution and go deeper

Think you may find 4mm hard to come by and have to settle for 5mm

OK, so do you mean if the bolts are 18 mm wide they will need to be at least 18mm long?

And hubcentric means what? Balanced?

In that case, you'll need 18mm of thread showing out the wheel...

From Wikipedia:

. Some factory wheels have a centerbore that matches exactly with the hub to reduce vibration by keeping the wheel centered. Wheels with the correct centerbore to the car they will be mounted on are known as hubcentric. Hubcentric wheels take the stress off the lug nuts, reducing the job of the lug nuts to center the wheel to the car.

In that case, you'll need 18mm of thread showing out the wheel...

Right, you have confused the hell out of me.

Anyone speak plain english? :D :help:

Do you mean that however wide the spacer, that is how much longer a bolt I will need? And then you say a bit extra as well, so for a 4mm spacer I would need bolts that are 5mm longer at least? :shrug:

just get some really long bolts lol you'll be fine i jst put on 10mm spacers on mine and used 40mm bolts cant hurt having more thread in the hub! lol if your putting in 4/5mm spacers and your standard bolt is about 25mm go for some 35mm long bolts ebay has a shed load! got mine £24 posted for 16 of them

Right, you have confused the hell out of me.

Anyone speak plain english? :D :help:

Do you mean that however wide the spacer, that is how much longer a bolt I will need? And then you say a bit extra as well, so for a 4mm spacer I would need bolts that are 5mm longer at least? :shrug:

Shall I speak slower :dorky: :lol:

Apparently the "minimum" amount of thread sticking in your hub (attaching the wheel/spacer etc to the car) should be equal in length to the width of the bolt... so if the wheel bolt's threaded end is 18mm diameter, you should have a Minimum length of 18mm of thread showing PAST the wheel spacer...

But as said above to be on the safe side ut would be better to have a fair bit more than that!

Thanks, I prefer it when you don't use long words. :lol: Was just really confused is all and having a bad day at work doesn't help either!

Right, lets see what I can sort out before the 5th! (you heard from the parks dudes yet?)

Come have a chat Sunday if you about...

Nowt from them! The Buggers.. may have to take a drive next week now nights are longer!

yeah maybe, not decided if i'm going yet or not, will wait on the weather forcast saturday night.

Don't put really long bolts in, you'll knacker the ABS.

I'd just look for bolts which are longer than the standard ones by the same thickness as the spacer...