Sign in to follow this  
dukest

schrick manifold vacuum pipe issue

was just having a quick check over today making sure everything was as it should be and when checking the hose on the manifold i pressed a bit too hard and stupidly broke off the right-angled connector thing on the top of the actuator (i think, the bit circled below anyway).. :(

DSC01754.JPG[/attachment:2hgcyxae]

its a ford part on mine but does anyone have the part number for either the ford or vw version and is it the whole assemly that has to be replaced? and do i have to take of the manifold to replace it?

cheers...

john

if that was me i'd hold it in place with a tiny dab of superglue and then CAREFULLY plastic weld it back in place...

not sure on a part number for a replacement; sorry :?

yeah i did think that and if i cant get to a dealer for a while then i might give it a shot but its very thin and i didn't want to block it up by by being a muppet :)

yeah i did think that and if i cant get to a dealer for a while then i might give it a shot but its very thin and i didn't want to block it up by by being a muppet :)

fair one - you'd be surprised just how "delicate" you can be with a soldering iron when it matters though! :lol:

have a practice on something else first if you're worried!

was just having a quick check over today making sure everything was as it should be and when checking the hose on the manifold i pressed a bit too hard and stupidly broke off the right-angled connector thing on the top of the actuator (i think, the bit circled below anyway).. :(

DSC01754.JPG[/attachment:vosolh4y]

its a ford part on mine but does anyone have the part number for either the ford or vw version and is it the whole assemly that has to be replaced? and do i have to take of the manifold to replace it?

cheers...

john

John, give Vince a call. He's bound to know exactly what you need...