Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

Spare wheel - space saver

Hi guys,

Just a quick question - possibly a stupid question at that :lol:. I've recently fitted 16" alloys. Can i still use the 15" space saver, as i know the rolling radius is the same. Or will i need to get a 16" space saver? Also will a 16" space saver fit in the wheel well in the boot?

Cheers :D

You answered your Q in the first post, as long as the rolling radius is the same, the 15 will be fine :wave:

Yeah, if you made your brakes bigger you might need a bigger space saver, but otherwise you're fine. :D

As Billcor said, i answered my own question, but still had it in my head if i ever fitted the space save the car would be lop sided :cuckoo: :lol:

Shame, i was wanting to fit 4 space savers eventually - new 'scene' thing :lol:

Seriously though, what if i have a puncture on the front and on the way to the garage, to get a new tyre put on, i have an accident... im wont be covered? Damn insurnace, pull all the strings to get out of paying. :mad2:

Cheers for the heads up, not that im hoping i'll have to use the space saver anytime.

If you read your handbook it says that the thinner spacesaver is for fitment to the rear only. If you lose a front you should swap wheels around so you've got two standard ones on the front, for all that traction, braking, steering malarky, could be trick with a 3" tyre :lol:

Oh an your not s'posed to go over 50mph either.

I'm sure the Insurance company would screw you if you're 'not playing the game' if it could,..... just a thought :wink: