Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Insurance options

My insurance is due and ive reached my 4yrs ncb, so i can have it protected.

The car has a few mods and a cat 1 alarm. But my main question is, with it being a 1990 valver, is it worth paying the extra for fully comp? Im looking at £440 tpft and £573 fully comp, but i can imagine the book price to be pretty low, and with an excess of £300-£400 i dunno if fully comp would be worth it?

Anyone else had similar thoughts with their insurance?

you have to weigh up the pro's and cons. Whilst you will save with 3PFT, there are a LOT of un-insured drivers out there, so a good fully comp policy will help protect that way. :shrug:

Can you not lower your excess? it might make fully comp more favourable?

i found that fully comp was actually cheaper for me....weird.

my advice would be just keep bartering with them. go back n forth, find 2 companies that will price match :lol:

i did it to adrian flux n brentacre i got it down over 200 quid :clap: on my vr6

i had a cooper s before n i couldnt have protected no claims as "apparently " i was too young for it, compared with the type of car.... i was 22!!!!

fully comp also helps out if ur windscreen gets chipped or cracks. only 60-70 quid. little things like that help

Cheapest quote is £400 tpft with the mods on too, if i could get fully comp down to £450 i'd happily take it, but i just accant afford to pay £550+, im supposed to be moving out in May so need all the money i can get/save

your so lucky lol stop complainin only jokin :lol: i managed to get mine down 300 quid but then again they saw a nice fat sale coming along they couldnt say no! try paying over 3k :gag: lol but then its so worth it when your 18 and all ur mates have saxos and corsas lol

your so lucky lol stop complainin only jokin i managed to get mine down 300 quid but then again they saw a nice fat sale coming along they couldnt say no! try paying over 3k lol but then its so worth it when your 18 and all ur mates have saxos and corsas lol

WOW someone who pays more than me!!! I pay £2300 tpft and thats with 2 claims and no ncb. Some people wanted £3500 :cuckoo:

when i first started i paided 750 for a 998cc mini city, bog standard..... i thought that was good lol.

my mate had a 1.2 punto n they charged him 2500... but he was a very naughty boy n drove without licence lol :nono: so 6 points n no no claims means he was payin more than the car was worth.

450-500 would be good deal. big companies seem to try n rip younger drivers off.

I always ran 3pft, and thought that should I total the car, then Im lucky to bwe alive, then secondly I'd pay the price and downgrade to a poo car with what money I had left over.

Seriously, how much wold Fully C really pay out? Sometimes they do, but its a long hard battle, based typically upon current sale examples; see here for examples of what a fight you might have here. What is the car really worth? What can you afford to loose? Or, if you really cannot afford FC, then dont got for it..... yet.

Think ive got it sorted today. Got a quote of Chris Knott, fully comp, protected NCB for £534, will be taking that tomorrow!

you have to weigh up the pro's and cons. Whilst you will save with 3PFT, there are a LOT of un-insured drivers out there, so a good fully comp policy will help protect that way. :shrug:

Can you not lower your excess? it might make fully comp more favourable?

I had a crash recently, and made a claim to the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB). The accident was due to diesel on the road, and so I argued that it was the fault of another driver who had left the scene - i.e. they had spilled the diesel and disappeared. The MIB were brilliant. They paid for physio which has been great (lots of massage and acupuncture) and also sent me a cheque in the post.

Definitely worth a claim if you have a crash and there's no one to claim against.