Sign in to follow this  
frankos76

VR6 Surging

My vr6 is surging on start up, i have codes of 00525 - o2 sensor low voltage, 00513 - engine speed sensor, 00561 - mixture adjustment control and 00537 - oxygen sensor control on my diagnostics meter and have cleaned my throttle body, air mass meter, idle air control valve and all pipes. it was stalling and revving to 1500rpm but drives ok now. i have cleared the codes twice, before cleaning and after but still they are coming up. any ideas lads? cheers, frankos76

I apologize for resurrecting an old post, but I am just curious if you bought a new Oxygen Sensor and if that made your codes go away, particularly the 00561 - Mixture Adaptation one. Thank you in advance.

Hi mate, Yes i did get a new Lambda probe, but also the garage said one of the wires in the connection block to the loom had melted, probably the signal wire, so dont know if the lambda fault made the wire melt or the wire melting had knackered the lambda. Dont get any surging now but it still cuts out now and again when dipping the clutch coming to a halt. Expect i`ll never know why. :grin:

but it still cuts out now and again when dipping the clutch coming to a halt. Expect i`ll never know why. :grin:

Its ECU has lost the throttle setting.

Carry this out in full icluding the "Basic Settings" bit. http://wiki.the-corrado.net/vr6_ecu_res ... edure.html

See if that stops it stalling.

(Assumption is you haven't adjusted aby settings around the throttlebody)