Sign in to follow this  
voo51

Arch shape?

Is the front arch the same shape as the rear arch? if I was to get a front arch and have the actual arch cut off and welded on would it be the same width etc?

But the actual arch themselves, just the curve. Will it be the same wide, round shape etc?

To a point they MAY be the same, it may depend on how much of it you need?? :shrug: Seems like unknown territory.

You could always try and see, and report back with the good/bad news.

Is the front arch the same shape as the rear arch? if I was to get a front arch and have the actual arch cut off and welded on would it be the same width etc?

Im almost definate the front arches are wider. The rears are more of a bubble like shape while the fronts are flared out a bit. Does my feckin nut in. If i keep my rado its near the top of my to do list for it....

From what i can tell, the early models front and rear arches are more of a similar size where as the late models have got more flare up front...

Front wings are a slightly different width and shape to accomodate the 5 stud plus axle on the VR6 and the bonnet line also changed, not the hump itself (the obvious change) but the actual meeting panel gap between wing and bonnet, early and new of either don't fit together properly, they changed all cars 4cyl as well as VR6 in one go in 1992.

Rear arches stay the same externally, but the underside lip is cut back a few MM if you compare the early and late, again i guess to give a bit more clearance for the 205 tyres on the VR6's.

Im almost definate the front arches are wider. The rears are more of a bubble like shape while the fronts are flared out a bit. Does my feckin nut in. If i keep my rado its near the top of my to do list for it....

You stress about the strangest things! :lol:

get some :sleeping:

You stress about the strangest things! :lol:

get some :sleeping:

I know, ive got a thing for perfect arches lol.... never actually had a perfect set my self but if the rado stays.... 8)

if your looking for arches to weld on to make it wider i think josh (mariojoshi on here) has 2 rear panels he cut out of an old can he broke a little while ago, try pming him if you need them