Sign in to follow this  
choumbie

Air/Fuel Gauge Help Please...

I just purchased an Autometer Phantom Boostgauge and Air/fuel gauge....the people i bought them from told me that i needed some kit to hook the air/fuel gauge up to my car....so i said fine, add that in too. It ended up being about 100 bucks extra...So i was wondering...Is this kit needed? Is there any way i can do without this? I heard it could be done without. If anyone has an air/fuel gauge, or any info on installing this, ide appreciate it, thanks.

hello there , tofit your air fuel gauge all you need do is take the live and nuetrual wires to the relavent places behindthe dash / battery and then the signal wire connects to the signal "violet" wire from the lambda.(this is the wire on its own on the plug of 4 wires connectind on the clip attached to the rear engine mount..) what i think you may have beed sold is a kit for fitting a wideband(ie extra lambda etc) which im sure your gauge is not.. then again surly the store would of known this...

hth

The people I bought it from said that ide need to cut a hole in my exhaust pipe, and weld this piece that i bought into it or something like that....Completely unneeded?