Sign in to follow this  
johnypud

new corrado owner help needed

just got my first corrado a 1.8 16v 1991

just wondering if somebody could tell me thw difference between the early and late corrados and how i can tell mine ?

also do parts from the later models work on the earlier ones and vica versa such as interior and lights etc

thanks

if you do a search theres a post on the exact same thing from me wen i got my corrado =]

In a nutshell there are minor differences to the switchgear. The front doorcards are totally different. Early cars have the leccy window switches in the actual doorcard whilst late cars have them in the door pod. You have a '91 car so you will have an early interior unless somebody has already changed it for a later one.

But as Typhy says, do a search and all will be revealed.

EDIT:I'm not showing off - it took so long to type all this I got pipped by two posts :lol: :lol:

if it's a 1.8 valver it's early .....unless bits have been changed, you'll have,

4 stud hubs/wheels, instead of 5 stud (Can be changed over - fair few other bits needed too?)

Non-flush front fogs and indicators, (late ones can be fitted need all four lights at once though)

Headlamps and grill will be more recessed than late ones,

7-slat grill instead of 3-slat, (may need modding unless you have an inbetween slam panel with early and late holes)

Slightly narrower wings and front bumper with different swage lines on the bumper then later ones,

Bonnet will dip in the middle ----------_______________---------- , instead of bulge _________-------------------_________ , (easy swap)

Front discs =256mm (not sure about 2.0 valver prob not same) different models different sizes, (can be changed may need carriers calipers brackets etc)

Interior mirror, stalks and dash switches are styled to match, they're different to late ones, as are some of the plugs on the back of the switches (swapable, loom plugs needed for switches)

Electric window switches will be on the door card not the speaker pods, plugs different on lates (change requires late doorcards, handles, doorpulls............ )

Interior door handles are just the handle, later ones have more plastic trim, ...................... (loom/plugs, doorpods, window switches and mirror switches )

Door opening pull handles and trim are boxy, later ones are more rounded and angled,........... (------------- ----------------------"-----------------------------------)

Mirror switches will be on the doorcard and not part of the drivers door handle, plugs different on lates ( --------------------- ---------------"------------- ----------- )

Sunroof switch will be a single two-position black switch set off centre on the motor trim, instead of cream 3-shot one intergrated into the courtesy light assembly,plugs different on lates (Can be changed, needs New sunroof and motor (or modded new motor to fit old sunroof) loom, switch/light assembly)

Centre console will have slider controls instead of rotary heater controls, (needs new dash I think?)

All the vents have the slats going vertically instead of horizontally, (outer vents swapable only)

There's probably other stuff too, I'm sure to have missed something, enough to start with anyhow. Lots of stuff is compatible across the range ie rear wheel bearings,

just try using the search facility first or failing that ask :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the forum by the way :wave: