Sign in to follow this  
Johnkerry

Toothed belt HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Hi fellas, After spending all weekend working on the G , i left the house this morning to go to a Course about 10miles from home the charger belt snaped :censored: luckly enough Andy gave me a spare belt when i brought the car which was in the boot which i changed on the side of the road which wasnst as hard as i thought it would be, the worst bit was getting the power steering belt off ( left plenty of bits of my skin under the car ) took bout 1/2 hour it just had to happen today of all days.

Im having problems getting hold of a new spare belt ive phoned G Werks and they dont sell them anymore :( can someone please tell me where i can get hold of one ? The belt im after is a 8M 1600HD 20MM Toothed belt.

I live right out in the middle of no where and theres no where over here to get any parts for the G.

I would be very greatfull for any help. Thanks. On a plus note I HAVE A DAY OFF :)

Pretty much any belt or bearing supplier will be able to supply you with a belt given the numbers you have quoted. I don't know any in Ireland, but try your local agricultural machinery dealer, they should know a reputable company.

Yeah it's actually a machine belt but as Toadie says any decent belt place should be able to source one - maybe look for a Gates or Continental dealer... suprised G-werks can no longer supply!

Thanks for that ive just remembered weve got family coming over from England next week so ive found somewhere nearby that does them they will bring a couple over for me, i think i best order two. thanks ,sorry for the wasted post.

Thanks Andy you are a star,

Im still having an issue with the tick over when re-starting the car when its hot its very lumpy, ive cleaned the ISV valve with carb cleaner and that stoped the car from ticking over very slow and now its ticking over fast and the lumpy hot re-start is still there, any help would be great.