Sign in to follow this  
GaVR6in

Has this happened to you

I went to my c and pressed the thob button and the alarm beeped once as normall but the locks did not open, except the boot. So in I climbed unlocked the doors and tried to start the car. Turned the key and click, but nothing else, then the alarm goes of, cant turn it off then it stops, so I bumped the car to start it which it did but the entral locking still does not work, everything else does any ideas please. :brickwall:

battery's dead mate - charge it seperate if pos, i had this loads with my alarm draining the battery quickly, my advice would be to change to a larger capacity diesel battery as you'll last a bit longer

Yes thats right, if I turn the engine off try to lock it it beeps but nothing locks only the boot, but it will start again

does sound like the battery still - bump/jump starting willstart the engine but there sounds like theres a massive drain on the system so will be worth charging the battery.

then thring to work out the drain. when it comes to electrical diagnostics you might as well be talking swedish to be sorry i know v little, i'd advise taking it to your local ice/alarm specailaist and asking them so try and sort it out if you can.

That is what i did when my vr did this and also the alarm kept going off randomly on the drive all night (my neighbors loved me :D ) i had my vr towed to the local place and it was diagnosed as having 3 different bodged alarm systems on the loom that were confusing the life out of themselves and draining the battery. new alarm fitted and the battery would last at least a week (sorry but if you dont use the C everyday when fitted with an alarm then it seems to drain it v v quickly)

Today I have fitted a brand new battery and its still the same, everything works exept the central locking. Please does anybody have any clues as to what it might be.

I have just got of my arse and searched the forum (sorry should have done this first :nono: ) and found a very good guide so tomorrow I will be going through this, thanks