Sign in to follow this  
horney

Discs and Pads for standard 2.0 Valver

What to get and from where? I've had a nosey at GSF and ECP but wondering if there were any recomendations of what works well on these cars. I'm not looking to spend mega bucks but as they need replacing (Pads down to the metal and car off the road) I thought I might as well fit some better stuff while I'm at it.

Nick

Nick, try http://www.vwspares.co.uk/corrado_brakes.php for brake discs and http://www.bigredd.co.uk if you need any new seals or rubber bits.

I use EBC redstuffs with normal discs and they stop very nicely, though I think a lot of people on here also use Pagid Fast Road and rate them highly. Have a search buddy. I don't really see the point in getting drilled discs for standard road use, you'll only end up chomping thru your pads quicker IMO.

(Nice to meet you on Saturday too.)

nice one, I had a search on here but all it brought up where conversion etc which I wasn't after.

I used to run drilled discs on my minis and they used to warp all the time as I'm pretty hard on the brakes so I give them a wide birth these days. I like grooved ones though 8)

Was good to meet you too bud, your car is :notworthy:

nick

:offtopic:

Was good to meet you too bud, your car is :notworthy:

nick

cheers!

loved that quote from your mate "quick, take a photo, there's a corrado coming"

"where?"

"too late, he's gone past already"

Ha ha yeah that was funny.

Managed to find a thread on here about brakes by searching on google strangley. Anyway ordered some Brembo grooved discs and some Green Stuff pads which I'm picking up tomorrow. Need to then get over to oxford and fit them on the car!

nick

Buy standard VW disks from VW. They're solid, last ages, and are no more expensive than crappy alternatives from GSF, etc.

I bought pads from ECP as they were ATE pads which are an OE supplier. No problems with my setup at all.

I wanted grooved discs ideally as I intend on doing a few track days and I'm brutal on my brakes and always found grooved to be the best.

nick

Ok, get Black Diamond disks and Ferrodo DS2500 pads

They're a bit out of my price range. Cheers though.

nick

They are expensive for sure but that's all I'd say it's either them or just standard VAG discs and pads as they last absolutly ages!