Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

Duff ABS light?

Hi all,

I have used the search regarding ABS bulb/light, but only one short post was found about a similar problem.

Recently dismantled the centre console on my VR and also the clocks came out.. this was to change a heater vent cable. Which i've managed to do. Now the ABS light came on as it should do before i took the centre console apart and also the dash switches. Now when i turn the ignition on the light doesnt come on at all. You can here the ABS click as it does when the ignition is turned on. VAG COM doesnt detect any faults either.

Does this simply sound like a blown bulb?

If so can a new bulb just be soldered back on or does a new circuit board need buying containing a new bulb?

What size and type bulb is it?

If the abs light is definately plugged in and you havnt broken a connector in the abs light, sounds like a bulb check it with a multimeter to make sure its blown on the circuit board! or it could be the abs ecu maybe(just a thought) I bought a bulk lot of these bulbs a year or so back as rs components were the only place that sold the correct bulb. It just solders on in place of the old one. I sold some of the spares i had from this bulk buy to members on the forum im sure ive still got some around if your interested £2.50 for a pair(you will only need one but its always good to have a spare) of bulbs posted!

Jon

If the abs light is definately plugged in and you havnt broken a connector in the abs light, sounds like a bulb check it with a multimeter to make sure its blown on the circuit board! or it could be the abs ecu maybe(just a thought) I bought a bulk lot of these bulbs a year or so back as rs components were the only place that sold the correct bulb. It just solders on in place of the old one. I sold some of the spares i had from this bulk buy to members on the forum im sure ive still got some around if your interested £2.50 for a pair(you will only need one but its always good to have a spare) of bulbs posted!

Jon

Hi Jon,

Yeah I'd be interested, will you accept paypal?

Think i will try a new bulb first as that seems to be the most likely cause, as the car hasnt moved for a few months and the ABS was working before. Im sure power is getting to the plug itself - between the yellow/red and black wire i was seeing 9v and between the black and brown wire i got 11v (if i've checked the correct wires). I'm just wondering if ive knocked the bulb whilst its been out of the holder.

Hope its NOT the ECU :? But like i said the ABS always clicks when i turn the ignition on, think its the pedal. Im guessing an ABS ECU fault would show on VAG-COM?

Yeah paypal is fine fella wont be able to post them till friday morning though i will pm you tomorrow with payment details etc as i will have to double check i still have them (im sure i have somewhere)

Jon