Sign in to follow this  
Bio

Difficulty getting 5th

Hey guys. Recently started driving the 'Rado a little more due to the BM being off the road for new bushings.

I've been driving it to work and home again (about 25 miles total) and it seems to be getting more and more awkward getting 5th, instead it likes to hit 3rd which is not nice when going down a slip road!

It's a K plate 2.0l 16v and not being overly mechanically minded I'm not sure where I really should start looking.

It may be worth noting that it does this also when standing still and idling and with the engine off. If I push the clutch in and out several times it will eventually go however.

Any thoughts?

Ive seen a post on here on how to adjust the gear linkage.It could solve your problem. I will try to find it but I'm sure someone else may bet me to it.. :lol:

Get someone to move the gear lever across to the position where you would push it forward into 5th, check what this does on the gearbox. Adjust mechanism so it pushes slightly further. Don't go too far or you lose reverse!