Sign in to follow this  
maleni_VR6

Help- Fuel consumption problem

Fuel consumption problem, sorry if i putting in wrong forum arena. My main problem is that on my board computer Fuel consumption doesn't work there always 0.0 now can somebody tell me the princip of that system, how it work so i can star from someware. What is my first step. My corrado is original 94 year produced vr6 model. If i need to put some other information please let me know...Sorry for some English mistakes :)

Manny thanks

Marko

Sorry I can't specifically help but I know if you use advanced search and look for:

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/search.php

+vr* +mpg +mfa

Looking only in Engine Bay forum and returning threads rather than posts, it will give you quite a bit to read through.

I know that a reading of 99.9mpg is quite common but not so sure about zero!

First thanks for answer a lot, lots of people tell me about some vacum pipe that come in tacho clock bu imy vr is 94year model and at the back of tacho clock there isn't place to put "vacum pipe" i am pictured some pictures , where they lead me....at the end of pictures i came to dead end of vacum like you see on pictures where it is going next, can anybody pictures how it must looks like and where it goes. And is there any sensor that menage fuel consumption on late corrado models.

Here are the photos from where it goes till it ends (vacum pipe)

Any help is welcome :)

i483870_DSC05015.jpg

i483871_DSC05017.jpg

i483872_DSC05019.jpg

i483873_DSC05020.jpg

i483874_DSC05021.jpg

i483875_DSC05022.jpg

The VR doesn't have a vacuum pipe - it's a purple wire into the back of your instrument cluster that you need to find. But, if it's missing, the MPG usually reads 99.9 rather than no reading at all or zero.

Aha there is purple wire that i need to conect to the back of instrument cluster, is that wire has some jack to plug in or i plug naked wire, is there some pictures of it. On pictures that i posted where lead vacum pipe that is closed with screw in my case :-)...and one stupid question where can i find it, down in back or instrument table or else???

mate thanks for give me first clue to my mystery...

Here are some photos what i get on MFA screen in both case...

i486984_DSC00607.JPG

i486983_DSC00606.JPG

Is this a purple wire that you talk about this purple-white that you can see on pictures? And what should i do with her?

i486982_DSC00605.JPG

i486981_DSC00604.JPG

i486980_DSC00603.JPG

i486979_DSC00600.JPG

Please help me :wave: