Sign in to follow this  
8vMatt

Water hoses on the front of a VR6 engine

Hi,

I have just discovered a slight water leak from a hose on the front of my VR engine. From looking underneath but not jacked up I'm guessing its around the crack pipe area.

As I can't strip the front of the car down until its over at my brothers place when we're ready to replace the damaged pipe, I can't see which one it is yet.

I'm wondering if anyone could list what water pipes are located in the front area of the engine? Part numbers would be a bonus! I'm not very mechanical minded so I'm not very good on this sort of thing.

Are all the different pipes still available to buy or do you have to make them to suit? I think I would buy all the pipes from that area so I know I'm covered, have plenty of spares!

Any help would be greatfully received,

Matt.

Could be the thermostat housing or the crack pipe leaking, there are 4 (?) hoses coming off the thermostat housing, and 2 small hoses for the oil cooler, one running from the block, the other to the crack pipe.

Oh forgot to ask- Where would be the best place to buy all the hoses from?

Prices and quality?

Cheers.

Changed the hoses that go to the oil cooler, 1 was £6 and the other £4 from VW. Was a couple of years ago though! I'd consider a Samco or venair silicone hose kit.