Sign in to follow this  
edmundo205

Starting when cold

When i bought my corrado a year ago it started like an absolute dream wether it be cold or hot. Can anybody give me some standard reasons as to why it now takes its time to start when cold?? Sometimes it will start then cut out again before going the second time. Once it starts it runs like a dream.

Ive changed the distributor, distributor cap, rotor arm, spark plugs, leads and fuel filter in the last few months and it has really been doing it since then. Would the fact that ive been rather broke lately and cudnt afford to buy myself a descent distributor and so opted for a 50quid one have anything to do with it or are there some other things i can look at to solve the problem???!?

Some ideas would be lovely....cheers :D

yup mines has started doing it aswell. gonna have a look at it this problem. my mate worked for the vw dealership and garage, he magicaly accuired a small diagnostics machine :pirate: what now stays in his garage. hes going to plug it in and find out what is wrong this weekend with my corrado. so hopefully find out and get back to you. might be same problem.

yup mines has started doing it aswell. gonna have a look at it this problem. my mate worked for the vw dealership and garage, he magicaly accuired a small diagnostics machine :pirate: what now stays in his garage. hes going to plug it in and find out what is wrong this weekend with my corrado. so hopefully find out and get back to you. might be same problem.

Awsum :clap: Cheers mate. I'll await your results before I explore any further. Probably a small electronic problem somewhere but ime sure the newly aquired diagnostics machine will come in usefull hey :D