Sign in to follow this  
gollfy

How much to sell my 8v for?

I have a 95(M) Corrado 8V and its now time to sell as Ive just replaced it with a MK4 Golf, still keeeping my G60 Though :D

Non sunroof model

Twighlight Violet

Its done about 100k

8 months MOT

No Service History

Body has a few scuffs, dints and key marks down one side

Needs a bit of TLC

No leather or anything just bog standard

I know nobody can give a exact price without seeing it, just want to know roughly what to expect for it

Cheers All

Dave

Tough one - prices are all over the show now that you have everything from complete sheds to concourse show-winners.

£1,200 - £1,800 ... ? No SH so it depends so much on condition and what "needs some TLC" means :)

Thanks VR6

Alot more than I was thinking, Body needs a bit of tidying TBH but it aint a complete shed, just would be a nice daily hack corrado :clap: or perfect to turn into a track car as it has no sunroof

I think you'd be lucky to get that much, I know several people who picked up tidy 8v's a year or two back for less than a grand, and I've seen a fair few pretty good nick VR's going for under 1500 recently too. But you never know, right buyer at the right time?

It's a buyer's market unfortunately - I might be slightly optimistic with my pricing but if you were to put it up for £1,300 ONO I'm sure it would generate some interest.

I think you have to look at the market:

Bottom = around £600 for really early high mileage valvers OR cars that have been in a prang and are being broken

Top = £5k - £7k + for late, low mileage VR's/G60s, highly modded and concourse condition cars

A late 2.0 8v is not the most desirable (good for cheaper insurance, lower running costs and younger buyers though). It does have fairly low miles although no SH. Decent colour but no goodies such as leather so it's still falling towards the bottom end of the market but has to be worth at least 50% more than a shed/car that's being broken.

I think £1,100 should be a fair minimum and if it's been looked after/doesn't need much/anything doing, closer to £1,500 might be fair if you're prepared to hold out for longer.

All IMHO though - someone will come along with a completely different opinion I'm sure!

unless its a low miler and in VGC I'd say its it would be worth under £1k,rare as they are for not much more you can buy much more performance

I should point out that my views are based on what it should be worth if the market was fair, which we know it isn't!. Unfortunately I think the guys are also right that it's unlikely to be worth an awful lot unless the right buyer comes along.

Thanks for all your comments guy's, just wanted to guage everyone's opinion as what to realisticly expect :salute: