Sign in to follow this  
scottg

1st time corrado owner

Hi all i bought a corrado 2l 16v wkend, ive owned so far mk1 cabby, mk2 gti, mk3 vr, and mk4 diesel and 20vt, so i thought i would give the corrado a go and loving it so far, i need to ask for some help as to running temp on the dash?? mine sits at around 100 c not on the lcd screen but the 1 on the left hand side of the dash by the fuel what is the usual temp your cars run at?? also sometimes the revs go up and stick at 2000 and theres a strong smell of fuel on start up also the engine judders quite a bit the car has been super chiped at some point would that be the problem? Thanks for any help you can give me scott

..........car has been super chiped at some point would that be the problem? Thanks for any help you can give me scott

Hi

Welcome.

Put up a picture of the engine bay.

its a 9a engine its a 93 corrado if that helps wont be able to put a pic up until 2moro thanks scott

Greetings,

Yr car is over fueling on start as is my G60.. It also revs 2000 on start up holds and then settles back.. Only prob is I can't get it to start twice in a row so can't use it. Yes it stinks of fuel and teh plugs and bores are swimming in fuel.. Weird :cuckoo:

I have so far replaced Fuel pump relay and the fuel pump retardation relay and for good measure the ECU relay. It has improved much and now Starts and ticks over a treat at 750.

Still no 2nd start so getting an original VW Blue Temp Sensor from the Dealers tomorrow.

Link to my post here Click

So as I have been told sort out the basics first... I'm not up on the 16v engine but others will be.

Rob

welcome,

iv had a 9A for a while now and my car holds 2k revs for a while on startup and then setles down, as for the temp reading mine usualy shows water temp of about 70-80deg and a oil temp (digital) of around 90deg, it used to run about 90deg water temp but i have changed the thermostat recently and this has caused lower running temps, the other thing you may want to try if you feel the car appears to be running hot (i only noticed this when watching the oil temps) is that the bonnet to body earth strap is in good condition, it sounds mad but i was showing oil temps of 160deg nd water off the scale with warning light flashing, changed the earth strap and it reads great most of the time, now and again it still goes crazy and this is solved by turning the lights on and off...............sounds mad i know but its sorted mine out :)

hope some of the dribble iv written there makes some sense to you

rob

thanks for the replys gonna have a good look at the cat at the weekend but will check the earthing strap tonight, im hoping the head gasket hasnt gone so fingrs crossed i dont think it has theres no milky resedue on the cap or anything like that