Sign in to follow this  
jimmyvwjunkie

how to remove water pump belt???

anyone know how to quickly remove the belt on the water pump??? its lashing down with rain and ive all ready started the job, so need to finish. :gag: corrado 1.8 16v

the belt that drives the PAS pump or the one from the engine?

to remove the PAS belt there is a tension bolt on the underside of the PAS pump, you will have to loosen some of the other bolts sometimes to allow the pump to move, if it the belt driven from engine i would presume there will be a tension bolt somewhere on the pump

no doubt someone will correct me here though

There is a hidden bolt in the water pump housing, you need to attack it from below and get a long extension into the bracket above where the PAS pump pipes run.

There is a hidden bolt in the water pump housing, you need to attack it from below and get a long extension into the bracket above where the PAS pump pipes run.

cheers toad. i found the hidden bolt. was above the adjusting bolt for the belt tensioning. got it sorted. new water pump on and a replaced the 42mm manifold for a 50mm sounds and runs great now. cheers lads for the info