Sign in to follow this  
matt2.0L16v

fuel gauge

I am after a bit of advice. I've just bought a 1992 2.0 16V, and it has many issues! the one that is causing me the most concern is a problem with the fuel gauge. It gets more full when i accelerate, and empty when I brake! I have a feeling the sender will need adjusting/replacing. Question is, how do I do it? I don't know where it is, or how to get to it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I am after a bit of advice. I've just bought a 1992 2.0 16V, and it has many issues! the one that is causing me the most concern is a problem with the fuel gauge. It gets more full when i accelerate, and empty when I brake! I have a feeling the sender will need adjusting/replacing. Question is, how do I do it? I don't know where it is, or how to get to it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Do a search mate using the words fuel + guage you will find loads on this. The fuel guages are well known for bad readings and being generally crap mine isnt too bad but one day it will be a pain in the arse!!