timthetinyhorse

no gauges when lights are on???????

ok here is the backgrownd to my worsening problem,

a few months back when i was driving home from work with headlights on i lost all power to the gauges, radio, heatercontrols etc intermittantly, this problem carries on for about a week and then vanished never to occour again

Last month i had a problem with my oil temp showing 180 and the water sitting over 120 but car was running fine, solved this by changing the bonnet earth strap ad this worked for a few weeks then the problem re occoured but on then driving one night i turned the lights on and the temps went back to normal so since this i have just flicked the lights on then off to reset the problem and thought nothing more of it

Today heading to work same temp readings fault occoured, flicked lights on only too loose all power to all gauges and radio, as soon as lights were turned back off everything was back to normal, this happens with either sidelights of headlights on however when side lights are on the blue light for high beam lights up,

any healp realy would be appreciated as asmuch as im good with mechanical stuf im scared of car electrics

thanks in advance