Sign in to follow this  
drewiee99

mini nurburgring

That'll be ace. I did my APC Instructor training down there, the tank track is awesome, some real fun times had on there, drifting a tracked vehicle is amazing fun, and the knife edge tests your nerves. Wouldn't fancy taking the rado on the tank track though.... :lol:

Be ace on the tarmac though...sure you'll have a blast.

I`ve seen this before, and each time I see it it has sold out. I will have to keep a sharper eye out for the next track day, as I want to help our lads out fighting for some shit.

I hope you have fun, & I look forward to seeing some of your pictures/video

Enjoy :grin:

That'll be ace. I did my APC Instructor training down there, the tank track is awesome, some real fun times had on there, drifting a tracked vehicle is amazing fun, and the knife edge tests your nerves. Wouldn't fancy taking the rado on the tank track though.... :lol:

Yeah, I did my tank commander training down there 10 years ago. Its great fun whizzing 'round in a Challenger 2 on the tarmac, at what feels like breakneck speed (but which is only about 30mph) in 60 tonnes of armoured box. In a car, it'll be great too. I hope it dry though, as that concrete surface can be quite slippery when it rains... You'll see but will miss out on the knife edge experience...now that is good fun! :D

Yeah, I did my tank commander training down there 10 years ago. Its great fun whizzing 'round in a Challenger 2 on the tarmac, at what feels like breakneck speed (but which is only about 30mph) in 60 tonnes of armoured box. In a car, it'll be great too. I hope it dry though, as that concrete surface can be quite slippery when it rains... You'll see but will miss out on the knife edge experience...now that is good fun! :D

Not wishing to be a sourpuss, especially when an event is organised for charity, but I saw this event advertised on pistonheads as well and I'd certainly advise to think hard before committing to do a track day on an unknown surface like this, especially when it's more normally used to carry tanks. WIll the whole 7 miles have been swept of stones & debris? What are the safety & marshalling arrangements for a 7 mile loop? Given the lengths of some of the straights you might as well go for a free late night run up the motorway IMHO. The Nurburgring is a almost continuous sequence of bends; this track looks like an airfield day but with straights five times as long...

Would be more fun in a tank I think :)

I emailed them and thet track is going to be swept the only thing is its a little dusty. In preparation ive made a homemade tripod that sits between the two seats for my camera to sit on to take videos. see link for a quick pracice run down the lanes.

I popped over to Bovington on Sunday to have a look over the fence and see what was going on. Looked like quite a large variety of metal on display including a couple of Ferraris. Someone mentioned that thoughts were being considered to hold this event on a more regular basis - possibly even monthly - if it continued to be successful.

Today I was sent the link below. Looks like the event claimed some victims. The MX5 rolled and the passenger was trapped for a while until the car was recovered. I wouldn't want to own that M3... do you think he had track day insurance?

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/members-galler ... -pics.html