Sign in to follow this  
matt2.0L16v

Heating matrix help

HELP!

My heating matrix is leaking, quite badly. Due to the lack of a haynes manual, and no mates with a corrado! I dont know what it is, or what it loooks like, or how to change it (looking at the net, it says that the dash has to come out, which isn't too much of a problem for me). Question is, has anyone changed a matrix before on here, and if so, I would really appreciate a bit of guidance in locating it, and how to change it.

thanks

if anyone attempts to do this. you will be need to be double jointed. also you will have to remove the threaded bar AS WELL as the nuts that protrude into the engine bay, or as you 'give it a heave' you will snap some plastic on your air box and render it useless. so thanks for the writer of that guide, about as much use as a chocolate chisel.

It is a pig of a job to do but so nice to have it completed, heat where you direct it and a clear screen makes driving in the rain a pleasure :clap: I still suspect it was a dodgy expansion bottle top which allowed pressure to build in the cooling system that blew my matrix. But flaps had broken so had to be stripped anyway. Knuckles all healed now :)