Sign in to follow this  
8vMatt

Clifford Alarm Fob not working.

Hi,

This evening I found I couldn't get access to my VR. The alarm fob was not de-activating the alarm. I have a Clifford Arrow 3 alarm. I tried the second (spare) fob but that was knackered! I removed and changed the battery with a new one from the shop and the contacts had a drop of solder put on as they were dry and loose. All of this and not working still. I put the key in the lock but it would not unlock at all.

I've found the online manual for this alarm but it doesn't really offer much advice. A couple of days ago the siren chirped five quick times when I dis-armed and the manual states this is to let you know of a soon to be dead battery.

Any ideas please???

I'm surprised the car key wouldnt unlock the car. I have a Clifford alarm - Concept 50 - which doesnt prevent me unlocking the car, although it sets the alarm off of course once you open the door. I can then switch it into valet mode and the alarm/immob is disabled.

That at least would get you mobile, but not if you cant unlock the door - which is strange.

I had a similar problem with my clifford, I found that the alarm had dead locked the doors and if you tried to open the car the central locking pump would engage and keep the door pins down. My fob stopped working as well. I was told by a couple of people that the old clifford alarm airels get alot of interference from wireless internet and general stuff in the air. You can get a replacement airel from clifford that might help. As for getting in your car there are a couple of options.

1. You could try pulling the door handle as you turn the key and see if you can catch the lock before the pump engages.

2. You can try doing the same on the boot lock as this seems to be easier to catch before the alarm cuts in.

3. Open the bonnet from underneath (search forum) disconnect the battery and unlock the car.

4.Hold the button on the remote, when the alarm goes into panic mode try and un-arm with the remote. Sometimes this resets the alarm.

Hope this helps

Beavisjem