Sign in to follow this  
kuksool

Finally im going to hopefully get my vr6 tomorrow

hey guys need an opinion on what im going to look at

Its a 94 (l) white VR6 for £3995

now heres the rest only 87k verified by an hpi check, loads of receipts close to a fsh although the garage aint sure could be a fsh they only just got it in....

12 month mot not tax though

no leather just the black cloth

2 owners from new

standard motor with original alloys and a mini disc head unit

and of course the security to make my insurance broker sleep at night

so what you think is it worth £3995 and im taking the buying guide so i can look over it pretty thouroughly although could do with some more specific checks if you got em!

cheers Scott

White is always seen as a less desirable colour for some reason.. I rather like it though.

Seems like a very good price though! Quite low mileage, and an ALMOST complete service history might be enough. Obviously its not ideal, but as you say you will be arming yourself with the buyers guide.

The 12 month MOT is good news as well. Might be worth finding out if its 'due a service' - I was told that on my Corrado, and ended up with a bill for nearly £500.

If you have any doubts walk away.. the Corrado might be rare compared to some other cars out there, but there are plenty more out there :)

I'm biased towards white mate - I love it!

It's also rare and may well hold up better over the long term [just my wishful opinion tho]

If the car is proper then the price seems good.

Don't be afraid to walk though, there will always be another.

Its an ambition of mine to buy a white Volve estate, stick a luminous yellow safety jacket in the back of it and go up and down the motorway and see how many people pull out of your way or stick to the speed limit ;)

Anyway... back on topic.

Let us know how you get on Scott :)

hi everyone it doesnt look like im gonna get to go and see it today as my lift is gone out and im stuck oh well ill have to try and see it next week as im pretty sure he aint far from where i work

got some more info and a question

it last had it service done at 81k and its done 87k on that 81k service it had a new clutch and exhaust as well as the full service oil etc...

When is it due another????

Oh it doesnt have many stamps in the book either but has all the recepts to back up all the work done for services not in stamped in the book!!

Well I think for the Corrado its every 10,000 miles or 12 months.

If the service book is looking a little empty that is perhaps a tad worrying.. though if the reciepts all have proof that the work done was actually to that car (number plate should be on most of em) then it should be ok.

Just be sure to go over it with a fine tooth comb :)

Well I think for the Corrado its every 10,000 miles or 12 months.

If the service book is looking a little empty that is perhaps a tad worrying.. though if the reciepts all have proof that the work done was actually to that car (number plate should be on most of em) then it should be ok.

Just be sure to go over it with a fine tooth comb :)

yip jim is bang on there :wink:

but i would be a little bit worried tbh.........its got all this work done yet no proof in the service book :? ........anyway one other thing that i think hasn't been mentioned.........make sure they supply it with a decent warranty(believe me it will need it)......make it a deal-breaker if you have too......bear in mind also that although there are a few white C owners on here that it is the least valuable colour and will be harder to find a buyer for than the metallics.......so ideally you are in a good position for playing hardball :wink: