Sign in to follow this  
Typhy

engine sensors i think help?

i have a 1.8 16 corrado and theres a couple of sensors " i think" theres one just nxt to the dizzie cap and 2 just to the front of it 1 below and 1 above, can any1 tell me what they are as the female connectors that go to them are okay but the male part that is attachted to the sensor is snapped and there looking a little old so am just gonna replace them, ill try get sum pics in abit =]

thanks luke.

yeah all i need to no is what im asking for at GSF or VW that all, so all of these are temp sensors?

they'll be the oil temp sensor (smaller one) and the two oil pressure switches (larger ones) You need to note the colour of the larger sensors above the large brass nut shaped bit, as this signifies the pressure the switch activates at and lets you know which is which... 8)

*edit* found some old pics to help... 8)

kwl i want them all lol , and also whilst im here, theres a small black plug with three wires going into it which is very loose and when ever i touch it the car dies, can this be replaced or is it part of the loom?

where's the black connector mate, round the coil or round the dizzy?

if its part of the dizzy then its the hall sender, a faulty one will definitely cause running issues, you'll need to get a new one but maybe you can tape it together in the meantime