Sign in to follow this  
oldskoolkool

Manifold

Hi guys and gals quick question just fitting my new engine and was wondering I have a golf 4 branch manifold will it fit through my bulk head ?

Thank you :-) liam

what do you mean will it fit through my bulk head?! :scratch:

they're designed to take the same route the standard down pipe does...

I think he means will it fit the 9A and clear everything, or will it hit the bulkhead. The 9A is taller(?) than a KR engine which is what is in the Mk2 Golf, and the 1.8 valver corrados.

Try the search, I think this has been mentioned before. Also try the definitive exhaust thread.

oh right that was clear then :) it will fit exactly the same, iirc the 9a and kr are 220mm

You guys are all ledgends !!! Sorry for not being too clear that is what I ment, between the rack and body lol thank you!

Whilst were on the subject of manifolds I've got a 40mm inlet that's been gasflowed and I also have a 52mm but not gasflowed ...... Which one shall I use? And no phoning a friend please hehe (sorry haha)

Thanks guys

Liam

no problem that's what the forums all about :D

manifolds in a nutshel;

40mm came with the 1.8 kr, it's smaller diameter promotes gas speed and therefore torque in the smaller capacity engine.

the 52mm came with the 2.0 abf and 9a, as they had larger capacity they could open the inlet up to get more top end.

gas flowing will help, but fitting the 52mm to a 1.8 will cost you low end torque but gain you top end :salute: