Sign in to follow this  
Albie

Advice on door wiring needed please

I am in the process of finishing the fitting of a new alarm system and am having a problem with the wiring diagram I have. It is from the Russian site and seems to be based on American versions, (don't they all)!

Firstly, the door wiring. Taking the existing alarm as a model as it did work correctly, it was attached to leads which were in 2 distinct sets. One was Red/Black, Brown/Blue and Yellow to a small 3 way plug attached above the fusebox so these seem to be a functional set. The other was Red/Black, Red/Yellow and Red which were just 3 wires in the door harness which had been singled out and attached to. The problem I have is that neither of these sets matches what is shown on the schematic.

In the diagram there are 2 specific connections shown from both of the lines connecting the right and left door central locking switches marked for the "Anti-Theft Alarm Control Unit" of Red/Yellow and Red/Black. The left, (read right for us), front central locking switch shows as Brown/Blue, Black/Red and Red on the diagram. These are close to what I have on the car but no match. I could guess what is going on with my existing wiring but can anyone just confirm for sure what my old connections were hooked up to?

Secondly, the handbrake (parking brake) switch shows as one lead of "Grey (or Brown)" and the other of Brown. Yes, that could actually be live Brown and switched Brown! The "Grey(/Brown)" goes off to the ABS warning control unit, and the other lead seems to bring in a 12V feed from the fusebox so no easy earthing to chase with the meter. There is a nice little block of 5 sockets behind the lower centre console with a few 3 way connectors in, each holding only a single cable, which are all connected together. One of these is a grey lead coming from the gearchange area and there are brown leads in there too. Is this the handbrake switch wiring? If so that is an easy connect thank goodness.

Sorry if this is very complex, describing wiring with colour codes and keeping things clear is not easy when the functions are not well defined. Any advice from someone who knows the setup would be appreciated. I suppose the other thing to do is to break down the door and look insed to see what goes where, but if I can do it without having to do that it would be neater.