Sign in to follow this  
psiburr

Supercharger and duck tape HELP!!

I know that a super charger and ducktape should never meet.... but whilst replacing the restrictor I noticed the rubber connecting the air box to it has perished !! It had completely come away over the bottom bolt and split along the red line. I used a larger washer to re-secure the bolt and was left only with a slight gap marked in the picture that a strip of tape has sealed. there was no obvious dirt in the charger and havent noticed and change in noise or performance (could have just happened as I lifted it tonight) soooooo was wondering how much to panic :pale:

anyone got a replacement I could buy off them ASAP ?!?!

Be very careful with tape etc - if it gets sucked in it will be new charger time!

I'd just order a new hose from VW, you might find there is also an O ring seal like on the boost return side - another part worth changing to keep the system air tight!

I've got a spare in the shed if you need it dude. It might be full of spiders but i think the charger will like them better than tape :wink:

I've got a spare in the shed if you need it dude. It might be full of spiders but i think the charger will like them better than tape :wink:

ooh ooh ooh I'll take it !! PM me payment details :notworthy:

ooh ooh ooh I'll take it !! PM me payment details :notworthy:

SlimG60, muchos grassy ass. recieved and fitted ! now I can safely make it too cosford tomorrow :D I owe you one buddy.