Sign in to follow this  
timthetinyhorse

throttle bodies on 9A, how much work

Looking at the idea of running throttle bodies on my 94 16v 9A,

can anyone tell me how much work is involved in doing this and the sort of costs i will be looking at

cheers

rob

Full electronic fuel injection conversion plus the cost of throttle bodies and I can't see you doing it for less than a couple of grand.

Plus, it's probably the last modification you'd make to a 16v when seeking the last bit of performance, which means building an engine capable of taking the power first, flowed head and aftermarket cams which could set you back another couple of grand. Don't forget 200bhp is achievable on the K-jet.

Seems a bit pointless spending ££££ on a 16v when you could do a 225 1.8T conversion for less and probably get a reliable 250bhp plus lots of torque.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti 16v, it's just it depends on what your starting point is and what you're hoping to achieve bhp per £.

its just a idea im playing with, iv found a kit for under 2k for the 16v, dont want to change engine as everyone has a 20v these days, i just want to do something slightly different

there's a set up on ebay a the minute too

guy reckoned he was pushing 212bhp, had a lot of other stuff too tho

we have just put jenveys on a 2ltr crossflow from a new beetle, if you buy a complete kit then it wont be to bad to fit but you remember you will get a good base map but still need to have a session on the rolling road after to get it set up , we hare starting from scratch so its many hours on the laptop for us, but its worth it just for the noise :D