Sign in to follow this  
bjork

Steering wheel stalks late to early

Hi,

I have an early C. Was wondering if a late C's steering wheel and stalks would be a straight swap or are they not compatible?

Cheers.

they are a straight swap, but the plastic cover over the steering column and ignition lock are different to accomodate the different hazard warning light, so you need the later trim bits.

^^ just a bit too slow :)

holy thread revival!

if i buy a late steering wheel and cowling but use early stalks is that a problem then? will I have a huge hole where the hazard goes or is it in a completely different place?

holy thread revival!

if i buy a late steering wheel and cowling but use early stalks is that a problem then? will I have a huge hole where the hazard goes or is it in a completely different place?

yea would not look home. You can change steering wheel with out changing cowling and stalks so just use either early or late cowling and stalks

holy thread revival!

yea would not look home. You can change steering wheel with out changing cowling and stalks so just use either early or late cowling and stalks

hmm... Right ho, ill have to contact the chap im buying the cowling from then. Thanks :)

If you're getting a late cowling and don't want it offer it my way mate. :D

I'm still trying to get my hands on one.

If you're getting a late cowling and don't want it offer it my way mate. :D

I'm still trying to get my hands on one.

nope, works out that the chap actually had exactly what i wanted! An early cowling with a late steering wheel. sorry!