Sign in to follow this  
Stevo-M

Engine holding back and overheating

Right, my mate has got my 9a running smooth now, i think he said the rotor arm had moved position or something, so used his out his Golf. However although it's smooth now it feels a bit restricted and unresponsive. It uses slightly more fuel, but that might be down to me pushing it a bit harder. TBH i'm just happy i can drive it again, but i'm kind of pfff with it at the 'mo.

Any ideas what this could be down to? It's had a replacement idle air control valve but the sealed turn screw has been unsealed so i've been trying that, turning it a tiny bit at a time but it makes little or no difference.

:(

I've also noticed today that the water temp's running about 100 degrees even on the motorway and the fan's on most of the time. Top speed's about 85mph.

My wife's away for the weekend so i'm going to get drunk and stew in my own self pity :drinking:

'Just to point out, although the car was misfiring to hell before, it could still get not bad acceleration at high revs and felt pretty responsive. Now it feels like the exhaust or airflow intake is blocked

Do you think this could be the air/fuel ratio, and if so is there a way of adjusting it? The car's a '92 so AFAIK vag com wouldn't really be any use to me.

Cheers

steve - sonds like a timing issue from the new dizzy, would recheck there first

the isv only regulates the idle when the throttle is closed