Sign in to follow this  
greasegriff

Scirocco head unit into a Corrado?

My buddy just got a new Scirocco and as well as the awesome seats, the first thing that grabs you when you sit in it is the cool touch screen head unit.

RCD510-Passat.jpg

Now, how tricky would it be to blend one of these into the dash of a '95 Corrado? Due to the double height, I guess the heater controls would need moving into the little cubby hole underneath, along with making a new bracket to hold it.

Anyone thought about giving it a go or is it just easier to get one of the fold out head units?

Has been done with other double din head units from a mk4 Golf for example.

Normally the heater controls would get moved to the ashtray/ lighter position to give you the double height. The ashtray would be junked and the lighter fitted into the cubby hole.

Not too sure on how much clearance there is behind the unit, whether mods need to be carried out to allow the unit to slide back far enough.

This kind of headunit is something I have been looking into doing but just a severe lack of funds has been holding the start back.

Good luck if you get into carring it out, plenty of pics to show the build please :D