Sign in to follow this  
hombre_paulo

Door card removal with door closed

Hi,

I`m just about to buy myself a corrado. However the passenger door wont open at all, form inside or out. So when I pick it up i`m gonna have to get the door card off to take a goosey inside to see what is going on. Have a couple of question though:

1) is this a common problem for which there is a standard fixing process?

2) is it difficult to get the door card off whilst the door is closed?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Yep.. in fact it's going to be nigh in impossible as there are a number of screws which need to be accessed on the underside of the door card, which will be unaccessible when the door is shut!

You may be able to unclip some of the trim though and get the door card pulled away a little to give you access to poke around but it's going to be tricky.

Yep.. in fact it's going to be nigh in impossible as there are a number of screws which need to be accessed on the underside of the door card, which will be unaccessible when the door is shut!

You may be able to unclip some of the trim though and get the door card pulled away a little to give you access to poke around but it's going to be tricky.

screws on the underside of the door card? there are two screw on the B pillar side which would cause an issue but i cant think of any screws at the bottom unless i'm missing them :confused4:

No screws along the bottom AFAIK - just the slotted clips that the door card sits in. Still a nightmare to get it off in one piece with the door shut I would imagine!

Not sure if you've found this....

DSC01144.jpg

Edit: My one problem with this picture is the plastic bit near the wing mirror that it tells you to remove. I've never touched this and not had any problems getting door cards on and off (and that's quite a lot!!)

i found a way of pulling a lever up inside the door when mine wouldn't unlock and the pin wouldn't pull up

i found a way of pulling a lever up inside the door when mine wouldn't unlock and the pin wouldn't pull up

Which was?

Sorry - yeah, I was being confused. bristolbaron is right - it was the screws on the side of the door card which I was thinking of but got confused and thought there was some on the bottom! Doh!

u can rermove the door card with the door closed as it happend to me on my corrado storm its not easy to do but trust me its possible theres a small pin on the outside of the of the latch thats on the door u need to smash the black plastic cover first that protects the latch then u need a thin flat head screwdriver flick the nib up and pullon the inside handle and it will open hope this helps u flop