Sign in to follow this  
PaulMoVR6

REAR FOG LIGHT

hi

Booked my MOT for next saturday so i thought i would give the car a once over checking lights etc, i was checking the fogs and noticed the rear wasnt working so just thought the bulb had blown so i changed the bulb and still no light comeing on :confused4: , anyone got any advice what this could be?

Cheers

Paul

Dnt think its the switch it works fine when it comes on the light comes on etc, Has any one got the circuit board that the two bulbs sit in (fog light and one reverse bulb) thinking this could be faulty if anyone has got one for sale could you let me know asap please.

cheers

Paul

Yep, also check the wires are all tied up correctly behind that read panel - if any work has been done on the spoiler in the past then they may have been disturbed...

Will a new circuit board do the trick to make it work again?? starting to get paranoid

Well the one I've sent you does work. So if it doesn't work on your car then you know the fault is elsewhere.

Right got the new circuit board of shaung60 and light still dosn't work GRR!!! :mad2: :mad2: had to cancel my MOT for 2morrow, anyone got any ideas what could be causeing this anoying little problem?

I do. But have you tried cleaning the terminals and the plug on the circuit board?

Did you check the cable plugs? A wire lose in the plug? Does your reversing lights work? Also try and stick a bulb in the left hand side bulb cluster. That works as a fog light too. The back of the lights will be blanked off but you can still just stick a bulb in the cluster and test it.

yeah my reverse lights work, i have tryed a bulb in the other cluster still nothing, there are no apparent loose wires, iam starting to think it could maybe be the switch??

yeah my reverse lights work, i have tryed a bulb in the other cluster still nothing, there are no apparent loose wires, iam starting to think it could maybe be the switch??

Worth a try. Cheap to replace. And your front fogs do work? Or there's a break in the loom to the rear fogs.

So with the switch in it's second position (fully depressed) does it illuminate orange?

If not then it's either the fog light switch or the headlight switch.