james_c2

raddo 16v frequently blowing fuse 18 (fuel pump+ wur fuse)

since ive had this raddo ive had a pretty big problem of it blowing the fuel pump fuse. sometimes can go 500miles without blowing, sometimes 1mile

had it go at plymfest and every time the car started it would blow straight away. changed fuse and 3 days later drove 140miles without blowing

changed the relay, filter and pump looks new, before i changed the filter it was pulling 16a when running warmish, now seems to be pulling about 4a

when its running car drives perfectly fine

over last couple of days its been harder to start, but has been sitting for about a month while i was away

also when sometimes when its cranking over the rev counter starts acting irratic untill it starts

went to start it earlier and took a while, went to start then died, looked at the fuse and it had melted it.

any ideas? could it be the warm up regulators fooked or fusebox and doesnt seem to be on the fuelpump side of things.

any help would be great before i change fusebox or hand to garage as its driving me insane

the live for the lambda shares same feed as fuel pump, bet the lambda live has scuffed through and is earthing out

surely if it was earthing out it would just blow the fuse?? i have the same problem on mine and am trying to find out why will try the lambda sensor ( didnt know i had one as mines an 90 16v tho)

may have been for james _c2 but not for me :( mine doesnt have the lambda sensor on it so itcant be but i think it may be the fuel pump relay as i have removed the fuse box(to try and get the melted fuse out) and had a cursory look at the relay and its showing signs of shorting so hopefully replacing this will cure my problem hope james has his sorted too :)