Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

E46 330d Touring - Your Thoughts/Now Brought

Big Tartan I paid £3350 for her and book price in good condition for the SE was £4690 I think That was assuming 90k miles I think. So think i got her for a good price 8)

Just for your info, I drove down to France in the 330i, averaged 35mpg, cruising at 75mph, totally ram packed full of family and clobber.

It's been averaging 26ish day to day with my other half driving just locally around town. Bear in mind it's an auto, so consumption suffers by about 15% with the GM box.

It's also been re chipped to 268bhp so it's quite nippy, I can dig out the details. I've just paid £210 for tax, it's on a 53plate Sport with 18" leather etc, I paid 8.5k for it with 66K miles a few months ago, judging by autotrader at the moment that was a good price.

Personally I would go for either the 320d, 330d or 330i, forget the smaller petrols but I think everone's in agreement on that anyway!

The auto box I'm in two minds about but my other half loves it because it's so easy and I must admit it's really smooth. The petrol engine sounds very brutal rather than smooth which I absolutely love. You shouldn't have any problems with an auto box if it's a post 2001 car (GM box) 330i petrol engines are prettey much bomb proof, the vanos o'ring seals can perish, but there's a fairly easy DIY guide on Bimmerforum/E46 Fanatics to replace them and it's all cheap.

At the end of the day, I really effing love the car, it's a really nice compramise between sensible and fun. The oil burners are great in a more practical way, and yes they almost match performance, nice buy!!

Edit...Didn't see your previous post showing pics of your new car! Hope it does you well, looks like a nice purchase!