Sign in to follow this  
nick vr6

Odd total closure problem

I've lost the window closure on my 95 vr.

Windows/roof still work via the interior switches.

If I lock the car with the key, central locking works but windows/roof don't close.

When I arm the alarm all it does is beep and not lock the doors or close windows/roof, yet when I disarm the alarm it unlocks the doors/boot. :cuckoo:

Is there a relay somewhere that controls the window closure of the total closure feature?

All fuse are ok, including the one above the main bank of fuses.

Hope some one can be of help, as I keep arming the alarm and walking away, thinking that I've locked the car. :shock:

Sunroof works fine on the switch, as do windows, it's just the total closure that doesn't work.

If I lock the doors with the key, central locking works, but windows/roof don't close.

Also the alarm doesn't lock the car or roll up the windows anymore, but it unlocks the doors :cuckoo:

Well if it doesn't work on the key either then I'd suspect it to be the control module (part of the cl-pump unit IIRC?) and nothing to do with the alarm.

All the alarm does is hold a long long pulse which is tapped into the lock signal wire.

you could try swapping out the c/l pump or perhaps trace back along the lock signal wire (down drivers side sill) all the way to the door till you find where the alarm installer patched in the alarm wire. Then separate & check the alarm wire is giving out the 12v signal when alarm is activated.

Gets stranger....the total closure now works when I lock, and hold the key, in the passenger lock.

It wouldn't do anything yesterday.

Drivers lock still only works central locking, not windows, and alarm still only unlocks the car, not locking it though. :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Windows/roof still work fine on the switches inside the car.

Is there a relay anywhere that works the total closure?

If so where is it?

Bloody Hell! Looks like I'm waiting in line for the answer to that as well. Had a fleet of vw's over the years but this is only me 2nd corrado and I've got exactly the same problem. Never had this problem before. Every other total closure I've had on other vw's has never played up. My problem has arisen since Friday when some donkey tried to pinch me motor and ended up trashing both handles and a drivers window. The autoglass guy totally buggered up the window fitment ( which has come off it's runner 3 times now) and the drivers door unlocks when it feels like it. The passengers door lock still activates the autoclosure but the other doesn't??? Got it in pieces right now and found chaffed wiring, repaired and checked fuses....still not working! Help! Getting voltage through wiring to locking system but still intermittant fault. Maybe a cup of tea and plenty of Nurofen down the oil filler might work!?

p.s. Why do glass fitters use a whole tube of black sealant (tar) to stick everything back together? Cheers easy!

Spent most of the afternoon and evening stripping every part of the central locking mechs and wiring. Repaired chaffed wiring and by-passed corroded o/s handle connector,tested all wiring and fuses and stripped handles and locks. Found that the o/s handle switch for locking (internal) had an intermittant fault. At one point when I reconnected it the locking wouldn't stop clicking on and off. Swapped over handles with the n/s and stripped. No problems to start with until I left it for half an hour and it unlocked all by it's self. Been fortunate enough to try my friends Corrado handles last night and left them on for an hour with no fault appearing. Fitting new handles asap now as soon as I can locate some (VAG want £142.73 inc vat for the pair and are on back order). Only other thing that has arisen is that now my boot only locks with the key!!!??? Think this thing is haunted! Best of luck with your central locking fault (if you havent already rectified it). :shrug: