Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged Junkie

Anybody know anything about paint?

Hi All

Not sure what section to post this in but here the problem....

Painted a Rieger rear window cover up at the end of last year using paints4U.com basecoat aerosol can and Clear #1 UV Resistant Clear Coat Aerosol, this was done in September last year and left on a shelf in my room until May time this year when i got around to fitting it.

Now the problem is that it has only been on the car for a month and a half and something has caused a really bad reaction in the paint :(

The clear coat was fine when i fitted it and as i said had plenty of time to dry/harden before i fitted it so does anyone know what could cause this time of reaction?

Tried using T-cut & even G3 cutting compond but the clear coat is ruined :(

Looks like am going to have and remove it and completly respray it :epicfail:

RuinedCover.jpg[/attachment:tqhtm9qe]

does it look like it has goosebumps??? It could be the clear wasent shaken properly prior to painting....or it could be moisture trapped in any of the coats....

First remedy would be 2000 grit flat and polish.....if that dont work, try to flat it then reclear it....

Yeah looks just like goosebumps, really rough surface to the clear coat, could be moisture in there, there are some nasty water marks in the paint which wasn`t there before :(

I will give the sanding down a try but does look like a complete repsray is in order :censored: