Sign in to follow this  
charly_vrsexy

cam sensor

Anyone know how to change a cam sensor on a vr, i have an intermittent problem of the car holding back over 3500rpm, typically enough i took it to vw for diagnostics where it had nothin show up and then it decided to run fine for the mechanic, which it will occasionally do for me, just sometimes it wants to hold back, after reading a few threads on here i intend to change the coil pack as well but i am deeply suspecting the cam sensor is the issue, would anybody have an idea of how harder job this would be?

Yeah its a fairly straight forward job 2 do.

1. Disconnect HT leads from coilpack.

2. Remove the two bits of plastic trim from the top of the engine.

3.The sensor sits on the right hand side of the head just above the coilpack, after removeing the two bits of plastic trim you will see the sensor. Disconect the lead from the top of the sensor then remove the sensor useing a allen key (cant quite remember what size it is) should be fairly easy to get out. Insert the new sensor and tighten it up, put the two bits of trim back on connect the leads back to the coilpack and away you go.

paul