Sign in to follow this  
m88sdm

newbie needing help with Alloys

Ok, i have read many posts already, but still finding it hard to find the info.

I've got a 94 2.0 8V, So it has 4 x 100 stud pattern. Although i want to fill the arches (especially the rears) i don't want to comprimise handaling too much so having read previous posts.

So i have decided upon 16's but thats all i really know.

But what other sizes do i need to know before i make my purchase? I'm not looking for anything too big or wide, but would like a little bigger than the standard 15's.

I know this is a very typical newbie, but everyone seems to be running on many different sizes and suspension setups and i don;t wan't to make a expensive mistake.

Thanks Steve

hard 1 that depends on rim width and offset o and how low u want to go and weather u will be rolling your archers. best bet would be to look through the members rides/gallarey bit at wheels on there that r 16s and ask what et they r and ride hight and also the tyres profile. ive got 16s on mine they are 8 inch 195/45/16 on the front and 9 inch 205/40/16 on the back and the et is about 50 ish and there are 30mm spacers on the front and i am running a ride hight of about 110 drop on the front and 100 on the back and the archers r rolled. hope this helps a bit.

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77506

the pic on its own lower down the page is the best one will try and add some more from the back showing the width asap.

AHA !! an excuse to show off my car :D before the G60 transplant it was an 8v 2.0. Not too low, maybe too wide :lol:

Borbet A's 16" 9's all round with a "safe" stretch :norty: No rolling or pulling arches, no spacers and no rubbing !!