Sign in to follow this  
g10

Newbie!!!

hey guys

I am from South africa, recently fitted a 1900 supercharged vw motor into my polo playa, very impressive power! still running the engine in now so will be doing the dyno tomorrow. here are some pics.

S7300129.jpg

1.jpg

2-2.jpg

still figuring out how to sort out that whistle, been reading u pon the forum so i will see tonight what i can do about it

Looks like an interesting set-up, I take it it's a G60 motor bored out to 1.9 with some sort of custom Eaton supercharger set-up off a BMW mini ? Not sure why you have the dump-valve on there though.

How did you manage to get hold of a G60 engine over there and what happened to the original G60 charger ?

hellos

its a toyota supercharger, my mechanic organised the g60 throttle body from overseas, so i dont have the g60 charger :?

as for the dump valve, we hav it like a dummy there, it was just stuck on there lol, we took it off, im trying to make piping for the tb bypass tho, the whistle is too loud and its hectic to find suitable parts and things this side of the world :(

but im trying to make a plan, they dont even have a filter to fit onto the bypass, i was thiking of running a 43mm pipe and reducing it to a 25mm pipe, thats the only size i could get here aside from the normal air filters

yeah this version of the polo is cool, we love this shape down here, lotsa guys are after it here, so i chucked out the 1.4 and put this in, turns alota heads here but there are a hell of alot more better looking polos than mine, modding in sa is quite expensive for us so we do our best to keep up 8) lol