Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Rear wiper doesnt turn off

Once the rear wiper is on its remins in intermittent mode. Is this likely to be a problem with the switch or the solenoid? If its the solenoid, is it one of the one located in the fusebox?

Stupid question but you have tried to cancel it again with the stalk? Suprising how many people don't know how.

I would say yes, but then when you say 'surprising how many people dont know how' that makes me think i might be one of these people. I simply move the stalk back in the opposite direction to cancel, like in any other car. Although i now feel this may be wrong......

Yeah it's not rocket science but the first thread I found, just to prove my crazy theory:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65233

If it's not the obvious problem, sounds like a relay or possibly stalk problem but I'd be surprised if it was the latter.

Yeah that aint right as it doesn't click into position... one push to turn on and then again to turn off and it wipes on each push of the stalk...

It's the same on any other VW of that era - mk2 Golfs etc

You'll be saying that the front intermitent wipe is randaom next :)

I tried this today and christ as if i didnt know about this! For nearly 3yrs i just thought it was broken! thats one thing solve then