Sign in to follow this  
malk

1990 1.8 16V

Temperature warning light still likes a flash though. Three weeks to go before I need it as a reliable daily...

Continual flashing indicates low level as well as overheating. I assume you plugged the sensor back in?

Temperature warning light still likes a flash though. Three weeks to go before I need it as a reliable daily...

Continual flashing indicates low level as well as overheating. I assume you plugged the sensor back in?

Yup plugged it back in. Any particular recommendation for the coolant?

Ignition switch is now replaced so it goes once more... hurrah.

Coolant level is fine and the warning light still acts up so methinks a sensor is buggered. My mechanic reckons it's a sensor in the engine coolant bottle so maybe replacing that would sort it? Need to get a pic up at some point of the wires going into the water jacket on the engine. Definitely some bodging there that I'd like some info on for my own piece of mind.

Seems like I might have an option or two interior wise from folks on here so once I make my mind up that will be on the cards, I can be quite indecisive. It'll give me a chance to grease up the window mechanism when I fit it which will help their laboured running.

After that I'll be taking it to have the bodywork looked at and hopefully to get the little bits here and there sorted... oh and actually using it as a daily from this Monday! Should be interesting.

Do feel a bit of a tit posting this after reading through some of the other threads knocking around. Feel pretty insignificant in comparison!

Pah, the slave and quite possibly the master cylinders need replacing now.

Are second hand ones a good option? Do they vary from model to model or can I get pretty much any one?

Can't wait to actually get some miles done in it!

Shockingly enough another whinge from me without any new pictures!

The windows have packed in again and in comedy fashion decided to do so when the passenger side was open just a crack. That's currently sorted with gaffa tape so obviously needs looking at sharpish.

Also the coolant system is giving me some grief too. Passenger footwell is damp so I'm thinking the matrix might have gone, could be from the window but since the seat isn't damp I'm thinking it's not from there. The water temp. warning light is coming on but the needle doesn't always move. Oil temperature is fine according to the MFA so I'm thinking there is a sensor gone there too. The heater is generally only cold but will have a bash at hot once in a while. I reckon sod it all, get new sensors, matrix and new coolant all in one go.

Recommendations of other things to be getting on with whilst this is being done would be gratefully received!

Oh and the steering is generating a whine so the belt needs a play with and then there's all the interior and bodywork stuff that I'm not considering until the internals are sorted.

Happy days!