Sign in to follow this  
bazgreener

G60 boost readings on MFA

Just wondered what boost readings other people were getting. I tested mine the other night with a std pulley but stg4 jabba charger and was getting a reading of 1750 which I think equates to around 11psi

Anyone else tried this?

sns tuning tips

Just wondered what boost readings other people were getting. I tested mine the other night with a std pulley but stg4 jabba charger and was getting a reading of 1750 which I think equates to around 11psi

Anyone else tried this?

sns tuning tips

Hi baz what are you converting the 1750 from i.e. how do you work out its value in PSI. Also which number on the miliage display do you get the 1750 reading?

Cheers

The MFA reading shows boost pressure "under load" in mbar. You'd have to read it at peak boost which would be around 5800rpm. :shock:

The MFA boost readings are very often incorrect.

Better off getting a boost gauge!

If you go to the SNS web site and look under DIY it explains how to do this, I just tested mine last night with a 68mm pulley and got a reading of 2000 which should mean around 14.5 psi. :twisted:

Will give it a try tomorrow.

Would like to get a boost guage but have the Volt and oil pressure at the moment and have no where to put another. I would agree that I could drop the volt meter but it does provide handy info. Can't see anywhere else to put it. Anbody know of any digital ones that display two reading i.e. boost and oil pressure or boost and battery reading or one that could be mounted somewhere else that is nice and discret.

Or can you reprogram the MFA to display it now that would be cool!!

l8trs

I can't seem to find that reading I get C10 on mine when I start and when I scroll thru I get C10 then 1790 what does this mean? Which number should be displayed in the in the miliage display when you get the boost reading? Is it a snap shot or should it change when you rev the car?

Cheers

hehe ...just met up with pau1 and roddy tonight and we tryin this out

I was getting 1860. Got 1940 later...so hard to tell from it.

What sorta boost should i get with:

stage 4 jabba charger

sns stage 5 chip

68mm pulley

3.5 fpr

full decat exhaust

still need to set my new timing as its only just driven in on the charger

Tony,

when you get info the mfa diagnostics mode there is a number above you digital trip display to show what mode you are in, boost is number 2. The boost readings will be shown to the left in the normal mfa display area. HTH

I could only get 1040 on display 2 on this I took it upto 5600rpm but it didn't really change even when I went back down. Should this be real time?

The numbers should go up and down straight away with the amount of throttle your give it. I shouldn`t worry too much aout the mfa readings anyway, I will get my boost guage next week and see how accurate the mfa is. :)

The numbers should go up and down straight away with the amount of throttle your give it. I shouldn`t worry too much aout the mfa readings anyway, I will get my boost guage next week and see how accurate the mfa is. :)

Where did you end up getting it from?

And where are you mounting it?

L8trs

I have ordered it from proven products, not sure where I will mount it yet, I also have an air/fuel gauge on the way so I may look into on of those a-pillar mounts.

Let me know how you get on I really fancy a boost gauge but don’t know where to put it. I have the oil and battery at the moment so that spots gone. Was thinking about taking out the air vent to the left above the stereo and putting in a blanking plate with the gauge. Not sure how difficult this would be in terms of the ducting for the air flow etc etc.

Some pics would be cool when you get them in.

Cheers

well, i wouldn't completely rely on a boost gauge either, its again acase of, the more you spend.... personally, i have a splitfire boost gauge and it gave a different reading to the one it got on the rolling road on the same day. Antonio, check your rolling road printout, it should say on it. I will soon be purchasing an auto-meter one.