Sign in to follow this  
vr6yan

Dials not working, any help please

Hope someone can help me, think my raddo is trying to bankrupt me and it's trying my paticince too.

Right the problem this time is all the dials have stoped working-rev's,mph,fuel,water temp and mfa. Have got the miles and time up tho.

The story- just done the cam chain complete, engine out and everything looked at. Got the car back and everything is going great, loving driving it again. A week later jumped in the car and went to start it and heard a clicking noise from the engine bay rather than the car turning over, then some smoke came from the reagon of the fuse box!! :censored: quickly got a fire extinguiser and screwdriver and exposed the fuses and nothing. It had all stoped and nothing obviouse. Yesterday finally got some time and went to see if the car would start and to my supprise it did :norty: but with no dials :censored: . Tonight have striped the whole area down and carnt see anything obviouse like bunt cables or black areas. Only things that seem a bit strange is when you turn the key in the ignision relay 109 seems to click a lot??

I think the clicking noise when i turn the ignision on from the engine is the starter motor solinoide.

Now im at a loss and loosing my paticince :brickwall: , anything to go on would be good :)

Cheers Ian

p.s sorry for bad spelling, im rubbish at it :cuckoo:

Right, got some more info now :)

Had a good look tonight as the rain has held off for more than 5min and got myself right in and under the fuse box, started pulling cables appart and looking for signs as saw some cables looking not to healthy. Traced them through and they go all the way upto the speedo, looks like another cable had shorted against them and the resault-nothing working :(

Managed to get the loom out and it needs replacing as lots of cores are melted together which leads me to my next question. Does anyone know where to get a new loom from? Is it a VW :( bit or does anyone have one that they would sell or is it something to look for on ebay?

any :help: would be great.

Thanks Ian