Sign in to follow this  
philie

ANY IRISH RADO OWNERS(I NEED HELP)

HI GUys,

I just got my charger back after a rebuild and the 13mm banjo bolt is broken and I cant get one any where.Its been off the road for 5 weeks :( and I need to get her going so if any of you guys know were I can get 1 or have 1 I would appreciate it.

howdy,did you try posting on vagdrivers.net,helpful bunch should be able to help you

Thanks i'l give it a try, I rang vw and they wont order the bolt in till I pay the 1euro for it and it could take up to 2 weeks, what a joke.Suppose i'l have to wait.

Just type BANJO BOLT into Google and take your pick. When you say 13mm banjo bolt, I assume you are referring to the size of the spanner that fits it. If this is the case then what you need is a M8 banjo bolt. These are also used to join flexi brake pipes to calipers so any half decent motor factors should be able to help. Failing that any engineering supply company will have one. One euro up front from a VW dealer sounds OK. They'll want the money up front in case you don't come back to collect it and they'll then have something in stock that they'll probably never be asked for again.

Thanks man but ended up getting them from vw.Unfortunetly my g60 still is not running great and I have done everything to it so I might just sell it if I cant get it sorted in the next month or so.Thanks again.