Sign in to follow this  
PoorMansPorsche

So whats the Crack with Mirror Polished Rims ???

alright peeps,

seen a set of fully Mirror Polished Jag Rims going cheap which I am thinking of fitting to the daily driver (mondeo estate oo er) which would go lovely with my mirror polished roof rails

but was just wondering what the implications are, corrosion and cleaning wise and how they compare against say normal diamond cut rims (which i have at the mo) and chromeys

any experiences and opinions would be appreciated bearing in mind i do 25K a year !

cheers

Brett

it depends if they have been laquered or not..... if they have been laqured then they wontlook as shiny but wont corrode....but if they aint laquered then you will get a lovely shine but they can corrode quite quick!

I'm running mirror polished Porsche 928s on my Corrado (no lacquer) and to be honest they are remarkably easy to maintain if you are prepared to keep them clean. I wash them thoroughly on a weekly basis and once a month I'll go over them with Meguiars metal polish and finish them off with a coat of Collinite 915 wax. They have been on the car for over a year now and still look as they did when they were freshly polished.