Sign in to follow this  
G60rob

ABS sensor

One of the front ABS sensors went open circuit last week so I fitted a new one from GSF. Now the ABS operates just as the car is coming to a halt under normal braking. Anybody else had this? I can only assume the new sensor is faulty, as it never did this before. The resistance seems OK at about 1100 ohms, but the sensor tip doesn't seem to be quite as close to the ring as the original one was.

The simplest thing would be to fit another, but I don't want to risk another from GSF if it's going to be just as bad. Are these known to be cheap and nasty? Perhaps I was lucky that the one I fitted to the other front wheel last year works OK. Maybe it's the same quality as their ignition switches, and therefore best avoided.

I see ECP sell a Macht sensor for a similar price, so is possibly the same make, a Febi/Bilstein for nearly twice as much, and an ATE for a lot more. AVS sell Febi for about the GSF price. I don't know what the stealer price would be.

Any recommendations?

You may find that changing the other side fixes this but GSF ones seem to only last a year or so and have a tendency to snap off.

I would personally only buy genuine VW ABS components

i have the same symptoms plus a buzzin abs unit.changed the sensor as abs light kept coming on randomly :( .gsf sensors eh? :nono: last time i had a gsf sensor fitted i had to alter the racelogic rpm/speed in kmh -should have picked up on it then :brickwall: :brickwall: going to euro or vw tomorrow after i knock the gsf sensor out of the drivers side wheel :norty: :norty: .