Sign in to follow this  
cheggars1000

strange sunroof

can anyone help just bought a 93 16v and when you lock with key the sunroof tilts up , the previous owner said he thought it was an alarm problem but it is not even connected!!!

LOL - Yeah it should activate full closure or open with the key... do the windows open too?

What happens when you turn the key the other way?

I had the exact same thing happen to me after I replaced the broken cable and worn guide plate on mine...

After checking a few things it turned out to be down to the sunroof operating switch.

I removed the switch from the overhead panel and then took it somewhere clean and well lit and carefully took the switch to bits (easier said than done cos you really need three hands to do this). Once apart I cleaned all the contacts up and then put it back together. I couldn't see anything obviously wrong when it was in bits so I wasn't too convinced that it would do much good but it has worked perfectly ever since!

It might also be worthwhile checking that the motor is in the 'central' position, but I can't remember the exact prodcedure off the top of my head. I'm sure there must be something on the forum about how to do this so probably worth doing a search, if not post back here and I will see if I can dig something out for you (probably not before tomorrow evening now though).

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, i HAVE GOT A BIT A BIT OF WORK TO DO ON THE BRAKES FIRST TO GET IT THROUGH THE MOT BUT, WILL IN MIND YOUR ADVISE ITS NOT AS IF WE CAN DO MUCH DRIVING AROUND WITH THE ROOF OPEN AT THE MOMENT ANY WAY

THANKS AGAIN